Friday, October 17, 2014


The 39 Clocks - DNS

Thanks ever so much to the redoubtable Anonymous 2 for hipping me to this one in this classic thread. It took just 27 months for me to realize I had to post it. As with this one (recommended in the same thread), the band re-recorded this song for the subsequent LP, but I like the original better, in part for the frighteningly blasé vocal delivery.

One wonders if any band member had a clear plan for the bit at 2:22 and ff.  Or maybe the plan was no plan.

And by the way I'll be DJing at this on Thursday November 6th and quite probably playing this jammer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! the original cover backside of the 7'', I s'pose? the holy grail record for a real clockhead!

If anybody's reading this comment who wants to get rid off his copy, please feel free to make me an offer. I'd like to have it
v e r y m u c h!

Emmett, I recently stumbled upon that video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPemWZ75a0U&index=33&list=PL7dg3ShpHUxV2HRtbT4_B63eFs5d79kRK

a - btw, ice cool - track of the clocks, app. taken from this compilation:

www.spurensicherung.blogspot.de/2010/02/von-mir-aus-neue-hannoversche-musik.html

for those who'd erroneously thought they knew it all.

ano 2

Emmett said...

Awesome, Ano, just getting around to listening to this now. Also found a rare Clocks jam on youtube called "Aspettando Godot" that I'm keen on.

Anonymous said...

that's a track in Esperanto

ano 2

Anonymous said...

... and it translates "waiting for Godot", I s'pose....

ano 2